Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cosmic

Cosmic
By Frank Cottrell Boyce
Review by Mrs. Moseley

I just finished reading the book, Cosmic, by Frank Cottrell Boyce. It was pretty good. I admit that there were times that I was confused, but as I continued through the book, it worked itself out. The main character, Liam, is bright and creative. The problem is, he can't seem to fit in. He is not only tall for his age, but other characteristics make him look like a grown man. If you looked like a grown up, how would your life change? I think if I was a kid that looked like a grown up, it would be very traumatic. I realize, though, that there would be perks. Like Liam, I might try driving a car, just out of curiousity.
Of course, now that I am a grown up, it isn't as exciting as it looks when you are a kid. Liam learns this lesson too, as he pretends to be a dad so he can go on a super secret mission. He learns that being a dad is much harder than it looks. I think Liam sounds like a fun dad (even though he is only 12), because he is always playing and having a good time. 
The super secret mission is traveling into space in a rocket. I had to ask myself if that would be any fun. I think it would be a good time, but I think I would be pretty scared in space. Especially if something went wrong; like it did in Cosmic.
I would recommend this book to anyone who feels like they don't really fit in, or kids who really want to be a grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment