Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes

Dear Mrs. Moseley,

I just finished reading, The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes. My feelings changed in this book when Abby believed in herself and she actually tried to do well in life. She made a difference to me and friends and family. It makes me feel like I can do what I believe in but if I don't try, I will never succeed.

One thing the author does well is, she has such an excellent imagination. I think the author, Anne, actually has been through these things. She entertains me and the world. Anne Mazer is incredible!

The setting is important because the story is based on soccer and Abby and also her house because it is almost like the main character. I think the setting should have taken place outside because she is mostly playing soccer, so I should have been able to have the setting outside.

I think the author's purpose is to entertain because she is telling a story, but there could have been someone who has actually been through this but she is just using her imagination.

I learned how to not give up and try my best. I like this book, because it makes me feel powerful like you can do it. If Abby was alive, I would be her best friend because I just love her personality.

I didn't understand how she was that calm about going into the fifth grade. To me, its a big change in life and it's a new world. You are growing up!

The book helped me to become stronger in life. I think I am shy but I still speak to others, I just need to practice like Abby did.

The title of this book is important because it's telling a story. It's saying, 'okay, this story is going to be about Abby and her life'. It's really based on her.

The character I dislike is Brianna because I think all she does is brag about herself. She doesn't really care for other people.

A connection I have is that I really love making people feel happy. I love cheering up my friends. Abby motivates herself by drinking protein shakes in the mornings.

Ready to hear your thoughts,
Jaelen


No comments:

Post a Comment